Monday, October 6, 2008

Perpetually Single

I avoid attending weddings, bridal showers and baby showers. For one main reason…."When are you gonna get married?" Don't you want to have kids?" "Ai doll, you're getting old!"

Ok so what?! I don't know if I'm gonna get married EVER, and why people ask me this question knowing that I haven't been in a serious relationship since 2001 makes absolutely no sense to me!!!

Yes, I do want to have kids one day but I’m not trying to get pregnant in the next 5 minutes. Oh my aunties, God love them, because they drive me crazy! I know I’m getting old but hey, if my child bearing years are almost over and eventually are over then it’s over what do u want me to do? I mean really do you think that I should just take matters into my own hands and straddle a guy until he impregnates me?! Yah, I don’t like that idea any more than you do!

Well I have accepted that I may never get married or have children. I used to get depressed thinking about it. So maybe I’m meant to be single for the rest of my life. I really don’t care anymore. In fact, healing a broken heart sucks! I’m not saying that it would never happen I’m saying that I don’t expect it to. Once I realized that my life has been happier, I’m in a better mood and I’m not wasting my time on trying to find a love that may not be intended for me anyway. Don’t get me wrong, it does get lonely sometimes but that problem is easily solved with a pint of ice cream and a spoon! Hey it tastes good! Don’t roll your eyes at me, like you’ve never done it before! So if I am destined to be single for the rest of my life, so be it. I’m not gonna fight it anymore.

2 comments:

Paguroidea said...

3 points: 1) fun to make 2) don't forget the Rollling Rock 3) love is love.

Polly said...

don't let anyone tell you who to love, when to have kids or when to get married. live your own life girl. if you're happy, that's all that matters.