Monday, October 20, 2008

Goin Red........just maybe

Last night an idea crept into my head and I started thinking about dying my brown hair RED. I figure it's not that far off since I seem to already have natural red highlights. The problem is I'm terrified!!!! I've never really dyed my hair before. I did try to "highlight" it once during a trip to Guam with my sister and my friend but apparently it wasn't noticeable. I disagree, I could totally see it! I vowed never to do it again.

Why the sudden change of heart? I'm not sure, I just want change and this seems to be the fastest way I can create change. I just haven't really made up my mind about it and so I've asked a bunch of my friends and family (only those that I truly trust) for their opinion. Most of the women in my life think it's a great idea and I only got one no. Pedali thinks that I will look like Strawberry Shortcake......that's Pedali for you but he also said he would support my decision and will be there for me when I realize how ridiculous I look.

So the girls actually started to convince me that this could be a good thing and I think I'm gonna do it. However, I'm not sure how to break the news to my mom. She loves my hair the way it is and brags to our hair dressers about how I've never dyed it (she does this because they all think I color it). So I think I'm gonna have to do this in secret and surprise her but I know no matter what the outcome she is not gonna be happy!

Wish me luck and let's hope I don't end up looking like Carrot Top!

4 comments:

plumeria*girl said...

I would say not to do it because of your naturally, beautiful hair. But if you really want to do it, I will support you :)

Paguroidea said...

Just in time for Halloween!

Grassy said...

Yesterday I was pretty set on the idea of dying my hair red but now I think I'll just try out a new hair cut....

plumeria*girl said...

NEW HAIR CUT? You must elaborate.
You also need to add a separate post about that for comments...LOL!