Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Taking Risks

Ok for the first time in my life I decided to audition for a musical. I was terrified! I had to call Pedali a few times for some reassurance that I have some talent. I can't explain the way I felt prior to heading down to the audition site. I wasn't just nervous, I was really scared. Somehow, I convinced myself to leave home and go to the audition. I waited for Tony, who said he will be there for moral support. I couldn't move once he got there. I managed to get out of the car but then my legs stopped working and I just stood there in the middle of the parking lot waiting for something to save me. Well Tony convinces me to at least get to the door.........I felt really stupid at this point. I mean I really wanna do this, why am I so scared?! After about an hour we finally go inside and I can't bring myself to even fill out the application. So Tony fills one out and says he'll audition too. So I fill out my application. We wait around listening to other people audition. I'm starting to feel confident but somehow I just lost the desire to audition and we left.

Pedali tells me that I do not ever take risks in any aspect of my life and he is absolutely right. I play it safe, but sometimes playing it safe doesn't get me anywhere. So for 2009, I'm going to try to take a few risks. I spoke to someone about the audition and said I got there but didn't actually audition and he said he'll see if he can set one up for me. This time, Pedali says he'll play guitar for me and hopefully I'll actually audition this time.

I have the greatest friends, I am truly blessed!

3 comments:

plumeria*girl said...

I was excited about your audition. I'm sorry it didn't go as planned though...

Grassy said...

Thanks but hopefully I do get another chance!

Paguroidea said...

Ken Leeeeeeeeee! Talibadiba blah blah!!! '09 is your year.