Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009

I'm not sad to see 2009 go. I don't know if this year was a good year or a bad year. All I know is that my family went through a lot of emotions this year. We lost Uncle Lo in January and Uncle Jun in August both were very dear uncles to me and I will always have fond memories of them in my heart. It was hard to see my family in so much pain, seeing my mom and her siblings deal with losing 2 of their brothers in the same year and seeing the pain and heartache of the children they left behind. I am sad that they are not here to celebrate another new year with us but I am very happy that I had the opportunity to know them and that is something that can never be taken away. And because my family are bunch of foodies we will always remember my uncles when were cooking and eating and how much fun we used to have preparing for parties. My uncles taught us a lot about food but they also taught us a lot about life and for that I will forever be grateful. I miss you my uncles!

2009 wasn't just filled with sadness, it was also filled with a lot of joy and blessings as we welcomed 6 new additions to our already large family. Somehow I believe that God blessed us with these 6 angels because He knew he had to take 2 people away. We welcomed Lonessa in January, Akoni in June, Amelia and Ian (twins) in October, and Jordan in November. Unfortunately, my cousin also had a new daughter but I don't know her name or when she was born and will most likely never meet her and that saddens me but there's not much I can do about it when I never see my cousin either. He is dealing with his own loss and in time I hope he can heal and will be able to find his way back.

I'm ready to start a new year and a new life and I hope and pray that this new year will be bring much love, happiness, and prosperity to us all. Happy 2010!

No comments: